Here is a link to the PG&E Opt-Out Program page:
– You can opt out of SmartMeter™ participation with one of the following methods:
The fees that will be added to your energy statement are:
- An initial $75 setup charge per PG&E homeowner account, as well as a $10 monthly charge for your first 36 months in the program, which breaks down to:
– $75 + 12 $10 monthly charges ($120) = $195 for the first year.
– 12 $10 monthly charges = $120 for the second year.
– 12 $10 monthly charges = $120 for the third year.
- After you have been charged the $10 fee for 36 consecutive months, this monthly charge will automatically be discontinued.
- Total costs are $435.00 or an average of $12.08 per month for 36 months with no charge thereafter for Smart Meters–– to help minimize the amount of radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation they cause.
- If more condo owners who choose to opt-out, the lower proportionately the radiation levels can be.
Total fee for opting-out for all 50 accounts x $435 per owner = $21,750 (48 homeowners and 2 HOA accounts).