I was named after my paternal grandfather’s two brothers who lived in Napa: Gilbert and Albert Zeimer.
But I didn’t become a prolific and well-respected healthcare copywriter and senior living copywriter because of my connection to someone named “Al” Zeimer and that dreaded disease that affects millions of aging Americans.
20+ Years of Healthcare & Senior Living Copywriting Experience
I started writing for the healthcare industry about 20 years ago when an East Coast agency asked me to create several :60 radio scripts for a LASIK surgeon – one of the first in the U.S. to promote that breakthrough procedure.
That project was followed by years of collaboration with that Maryland agency and others on a wide variety of clients, including hospitals, urgent care clinics, pharmacies, and a great many physicians’ practices.
Next, I started writing websites, print ads, brochures and newsletters for well-established CCRC senior living communities throughout several states.
More recently, I’ve been focused on launching a few start-up senior living communities within the state of California and Kentucky with websites, event landing pages, radio and video scripts, print ads, sales brochures, and newsletters. I’ve even worked with a San Francisco Bay Area company that disrupted the hearing industry by offering high quality, 100% digital hearing aids for only $499 each. These websites include:
• The Forum at Rancho San Antonio
• Paintbrush Assisted Living
• GranVida Senior Living
• Bluegrass Assisted Living
• Ecumen Centennial House in Minnesota
• Adams Heritage Rehabilitation Center
• iHEAR Medical
I’ve also created senior living copywriting projects for these San Francisco Bay Area communities:
• The Heritage of The Marina
• The Sequoias San Francisco
• The Sequoias Portola Valley
• The Tamalpais
Plus, I’ve written dozens of senior living blogs:
- Senior Moments in Travel.blog
- Copywriting for The Senior Market
- How My Mom Survived, Thrived And Is Still Alive at 100
- What Our Mothers Taught Us About Senior Living
- Love With The Proper Senior
- I Can Hear Clearly Now
- Welcome to Cruise Ship Retirement Living
- Even Musicians Suffer From Hearing Loss
- Seniors Getting Stoned in Seattle
- Jimmy Buffet to Open Margaritaville Active Adult Homes
- “Shark Tank” Invests in Handbags Made by Senior Living Knitting Group
- “Iris” Features a Fashion Icon Senior Supermodel
- The Senior Living “Experience”
- “Still Alice”: The Heartbreaking Story of Early Onset Alzheimer’s Disease
- “The Mayor” and The Search for Love in Senior Retirement Communities
A Very Forgettable Name!
So whether you call me Gilbert Alan Zeimer, Gil Zeimer or even “Al” Zeimer, if you need a senior living copywriter or a hearing aid copywriter, now you know who to call.